July 29, 2021
During the three-day summit, the site consultants had abundant opportunities to meet and network with top business leaders, elected officials, and economic development professionals who all believe in the fantastic potential and opportunities for sustainable and prosperous growth in Adams County.
Some of the exciting summit locations included:
- A briefing at Colorado Air and Space Port (CASP) along with a tour of Reaction Engines, a UK-headquartered aerospace company conducting high-temperature airflow testing at CASP.
- A visit to Fitzsimons Innovation Community and the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus for a panel discussion with leading researchers and a campus tour.
- Lunch and presentations at Stanley Marketplace in Aurora for an up-close look at Adams County’s cultural scene and the importance of creative industries.
- An advanced industries panel and tour at TruStile Doors’ new 280,000-square-foot manufacturing center in Unincorporated Adams County.
- An evening farm-to-table dinner hosted by Adams County at Riverdale Regional Park to experience the concept and the importance of placemaking in community economic development.
- The INSIGHTS 360° breakfast and panel discussion with the site consultants at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City. Roughly 200 attendees heard first-hand from the site consultants about significant trends in corporate site selection and their advice for Adams County to continue to expand its competitiveness for new jobs and company expansions.
AC-REP extends its thanks and appreciation to Adams County for its ongoing support and to the 2021 Site Selection Summit Sponsors, notably Adolfson & Peterson Construction (AP) as Title Sponsor. “AP is proud to support this Summit because we see it as an outstanding opportunity to help advance Adams County’s top assets directly to the experts advising expanding international companies,” said Tom Stone, Vice President of Project Procurement for AP.
Presenting Sponsors were Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck and Intermountain Rural Electric Association (IREA). Event Sponsors include Adams County, Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Colorado, Colorado Air and Space Port, Commerce City, City of Westminster, Fiore & Sons, Fitzsimons Innovation Community, Fulenwider, Pinkard Construction, Souder, Miller & Associates, U.S. Engineering, and Xcel Energy. The Colorado Real Estate Journal was the Media Sponsor of the INSIGHTS 360° breakfast.